MIACADA Webinar Registration Opens
MIACADA hosts NACADA Webinar:
Nudging Students to Success: The Integration of Academic Advising and Motivational Psychology
April 6, 2017
APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 MIACADA AWARDS ARE NOW OPEN!
Please consider nominating a colleague (or yourself) for one of the Academic Advising Awards below:
2017 MIACADA Academic Advising Awards Program
The MIchigan ACademic ADvising Association (MIACADA) is pleased to offer Outstanding Academic Advisor Awards for 2017. These awards are designed to honor individuals and institutions within Michigan making significant contributions to the improvement of academic advising.
There are four awards types available:
1. Academic Advising-Primary Role
2. Faculty Academic Advising
3. Academic Advising Administrator
4. Graduate Student
Click HERE for criteria and application link
2017 MIACADA Pacesetter Award Guidelines
The Michigan Academic Advising Association (MIACADA) Pacesetter Award recognizes Executive Officers, Provosts and Academic or Student Affairs Officers (i.e., Vice Provosts, Vice Presidents, Deans, etc.) who exemplify a commitment to academic advising and are true advocates for advising, students, and advisors across the institution.
View the complete Pacesetter Award Guidelines and Application.
MIACADA MINI GRANTS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
The Michigan Academic Advising Association (MIACADA) is accepting applications for mini-grants to support purchase of professional development resources. We have $500 available in total and requests will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Grants application are accepted on a rolling basis. There is no deadline.
2. Each grant submission can request up to $100 to support the purchase of professional development material
3. Priority will be given to those seeking grants to purchase NACADA materials from the NACADA Bookstore: http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Resources/Store.aspx?category=1
4. Grants will be given in the form of a reimbursement from a receipt of purchase. Once a grant is approved, the applicant will purchase the material, and submit a receipt to the MIACADA treasurer for reimbursement
5. Grant applications are reviewed and voted on by the MIACADA Board
6. Materials purchased are considered the property of the grant recipient, and they do not need to be returned
7. MIACADA reserves the right to only allow one grant per member
8. Priority will be given to MIACADA members
9. Grant Recipients will be listed by name and title on the MIACADA website: http://miacada.org/
To apply for a MIACADA Professional Development Mini-Grant, visit the following website: https://goo.gl/forms/MEENjsKdlHVtyuZM2
Dear MIACADA Members,
I am very excited for the opportunity to serve as MIACADA's president for 2016-2017. During my time as an academic advisor, MIACADA has provided me with essential information that informs my daily work, professional development events that contribute to my growth as a professional, and a network of colleagues (and friends) that I rely on regularly for advice and encouragement. This year it is my hope that each of you will engage with your advising colleagues across the state in new and exciting ways and that MIACADA will be instrumental in facilitating this process.... Read entire letter
If you are interested in joining our organization for many wonderful opportunities and resources MIACADA has to offer its members.
- Our membership fee is only $15/year
- Membership is from May 1 through April 30
- Membership listing available upon request
The benefits of joining this organization include reduced rate for conferences/events, access to a state network of colleagues, and a voice in how this organization functions. Find out more